Monday 4 June 2012

SHERRY Bridal Couture

Sherry Bridal Couture is inspired by every bride looking special on her wedding day, and the best way is by wearing a Couture dress, one off, specially made and suited to her personality.

My current collection is a marriage of 'old Hollywood glamour and French Chic', beautiful shades of whites, soft pinks and lattes.

The dresses that I have designed are Sophisticated, elegant, luxurious, sexy and feminine. I love clean and simple silhouettes, because they are timeless and always beautiful, with a little touch of something precious like delicate beadwork or other appliqué, the dress will make you look like a million dollar bride.
U
Beautiful lace patterns, motifs and embroideries inspire my creations. Being in the industry and owning a business lets me indulge in fabrics and see them firsthand. Making a new sample is always exciting and challenging, because I want to create new designs that are fresh, interesting and show people my identity as a designer.

Sherry Bridal Couture offers personalised design for every bride, embracing their curve and best assets, encouraging them to try on different silhouettes and necklines, see different fabrics, trimmings, and come up with an individual design. Overall, the design process is a collaboration between me, the designer and the bride to be.

The process of creating the design is like weaving magic. Every time a bride comes for fitting, there's always something new to look forward to. It is truly a special moment, leading up to when she picks up the dress and wearing it on 'the day'. I want to make this process enjoyable and memorable. My goal is to make every bride who walks in my door, the happiest bride ever.

Following my mother's footsteps, who is a dressmaker, I came to Sydney 12 years ago to study fashion design in KvB Institute of Technology (now Raffles).

Growing up, I wanted to be a fashion designer, but never thought I would be a bridal designer. It turned out that I have a passion in evening wear. I fell in love with silks, detailed beadwork and flowing skirts.

Lisa Merton from Culture Bridal took me under her wing. For seven years, working with a crew of extraordinary couturiers has opened my eyes to the industry; A place where fashion meets dreams and hopes of brides.

I have learnt most of the 'Couture' skills from work. I get to see which dress shape fits best on different clients, and how to achieve the best finished garment that will last forever.

Quality and workmanship of couture is a dying art in Australia, especially with competition from overseas. It is a tough time to start a business, yet I have something special to offer and I am here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment